Insights

Try to see the light, if it’s difficult then try to feel its warmth!!!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Rain, Rain Go Away.....

Hey buddy, its almost end of September, time for you to move on....but you are still pouring merrily as if you have just begun.

I love you friend and look forward to your arrival every June....but you know what, I am missing that sweltering heat I am so used to....give it a chance too dost!!!

My cotton clothes, which I pack away at the beginning of Monsoon are beckoning me....and my synthetic material clothes can take only so much....I mean they have faced heavy downpours, murky water splashed by passing vehicles, et al!!!

And yesterday evening was the last straw. I was carry such heavy bags (almost 10 kgs) back home from office. And what do you do?? You decide to come down in thick sheets, making it impossible for me to balance my bags and the umbrella. The visibility on roads was near zero and the poor rickshaw was trying stoically not to be blown away by your best buddy Wind, hollering his lungs out. And your other friends were keeping you company too, yeah those two Lightening and Thunder....the scene was right out of some horror flick....

Now, I cannot help empathizing with little Johnny, who would request you to go away in my nursery rythms....

As much as you love this city, you will have to bid adieu my friend, atleast for the next eight months....or the Bombayites might start a signature campaign against you....then don’t tell me I didn’t warn you!!

So long Rain bhai, be back next year!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mm nice one again pulse..seems u ppl had a overdose of rains this year...hope we will get a fraction here too!!!

     
  • At 1:32 AM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    @godolphin, you bet, we had more than our share of rains this year. Hope now it's coming your way :)

     
  • At 2:05 AM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

     
  • At 5:10 AM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ha ha ha cute... I'm sure Rain will listen to you... nahi to apni bhagya hai cup-handed-slap-chop deliver karne ke liye... eeeeyaaah

     
  • At 6:13 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Pulse said…

    @seema, yeah i will ask Bhagya to handle him if he doesnt disappear in a week ;-)

     
  • At 2:40 AM, September 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are too polite! i have been cursing, raving and ranting all this week!!
    Rain boy! times up buddy! GET OUT!
    Every year, i put up with the rain, there is nothing i can do, it begins with a feeling at the bottom of my gut, something like the feeling you get after you've eaten something you know will make you sick but is too yummy to miss out on, in the begining of june. July and august i spend muttering under my breath, but when the calender shows the date past the midpoint of sept.is when i really lose it and the profanities come gushing out, not unlike some chok-a-blok gutter, post deluge 26/7.
    At this point i'm desperate, anything to get rid of the rain. Make peace with the rain, someone tells me. Well, forget it!

     
  • At 4:25 AM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blue skies as we speak, Blissssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, September 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah!! the brilliant Sun is back :)) See it worked ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home