Insights

Try to see the light, if it’s difficult then try to feel its warmth!!!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Mystery of Missing Chappal....

I know there are no ghosts in YWCA hostel, Colaba.....or are there???

No, they have never troubled me before. But a strange thing happened today morning.

While going for my morning yoga class at 5.45, I had changed from my bathroom slippers into my floaters. I remember having properly pushed the pair of slippers under my bed so that my roommates dont trip on them (even though they leave their pairs lying all around the room).

When I returned from my class, a little later than usual since some enthusiasts just wouldnt stop asking questions of our instructor, I looked for my slippers so that I can go for my shower. To my surprise only one of the pair was lying near my bed. The other was nowhere to be seen. Though I could see the others slippers lying in the middle of the room as usual. I searched and searched for my missing pair, even under other girls beds, picking up the newspapers, their clothes, their sandals, but no.....the other pair was nowhere to be seen. If you are wondering where my roommates were when my search was on, the two among three girls had already left for work and the third one was not in the room.

Hey wait, I just saw a glimpse. I know that colour, the edge of my slipper!!! I went down on my knees to look under one of the dressing tables and presto! there it was, the missing pair, tucked snuggly under it. Was I happy to have both the pairs of my slippers?

Now, how did my slipper reach under the dressing table. It certainly wouldn't walk on its own and hide under there, not a chance. The only two explainations my logical mind would give me are;
(1) The ghosts have re-appeared after a sabatical of one month (my duration of stay in hostel) and are in a mood for pranks
(2) One of my roommates has fallen in love with me (this one is a sarcastic remark for those like Dim character).

How do I solve this mystery??!! Any clues??

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home